Fitness Facilities and Discounts
University Fitness Center (UFC)
UFC membership is open to all Penn State Health employees and their spouses/partners and dependent children.
Walk on our indoor walking track, participate in a pick-up activity (such as badminton, basketball, pickleball, or volleyball), or take advantage of our group fitness classes (like Cycle, Kickboxing, POUND, Yoga, and Zumba) which are included free with membership at $24.50 per month.
Need more personalized guidance? We have highly educated and credentialed exercise physiologists and Pilates Instructors offering one-on-one training sessions starting at as little as $25 per session or $240 for packages.
For more information, please visit our website at https://ufc.pennstatehealth.org.
Alliance Fitness Center (AFC)
Penn State Health is considered a corporate partner with AFC in Reading, PA. The following monthly discounts are offered to all Penn State Health employees:
- $29 Primary Membership= open gym access (normally $39)
- $49 Performance Membership= open gym access + unlimited group fitness classes (normally $55)
For more information, please visit our website at https://www.alliancefitnesscenter.com.
- Black Card membership:
$24.99 per month, 1st month for free, no annual, enrollment, and commitment fees | $131.99 savings per person
- Classic membership:
$10.00 per month, 1st month for free, $39 annual fee, no enrollment and commitment fees | $117.00 savings per person
Online Sign Up
- Select your preferred location (see list of participating Planet Fitness locations)
- Select your preferred membership type:
- For Black Card discount, enter the following promo card: PSHBC
- For Classic discount, enter the following promo code: PSH10
- Confirm details, download the Planet Fitness mobile app and visit the club
Participating Planet Fitness Locations
- Hershey: 1170 Mae St. Suite 400 Hummelstown, PA 17036
- Harrisburg East: 480 Portview Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17111
- Harrisburg North: 6021 Allentown Blvd, Harrisburg, PA 17112
- Mechanicsburg 1: 101 Gettysburg Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
- Mechanicsburg 2: 4850 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
- Enola: 314 East Penn Drive, Enola, PA 17025
- Etters: 42 Robinhood Dr, Etters, PA 17319
- York (White St): 2130 White St, York, PA 17404
- York (Greensprings Dr): 1248 Greensprings Dr, York, PA 17402
- Carlisle: 1186 Walnut Bottom Road, Carlisle, PA 17015
- Shippensburg: 28 Ship Shopping Center, Shippensburg, PA 17257
- Chambersburg: 1695 Lincoln Way East, Chambersburg, PA 17201
- State College: 2901 East College Avenue, State College, PA 16801
- Shamokin Dam: 30 Baldwin Blvd, Shamokin Dam, PA 17876
- Lewisburg: 7415 Westbranch Hwy, Lewisburg, PA 17837
- Williamsport: 1020 Commerce Park Suite 2A, Williamsport, PA 17701
- Reading (N 5th St): 3050 N 5th St, Reading, PA 19605
- Kutztown: 15250 Kutztown Rd, Kutztown, PA 19530
Already a member? Questions
Fitness Your Way/Blue 365 Discount through Highmark
Employees who have Highmark insurance can save on their health journey, which includes saving on new gym memberships. Simply register at blue365deals.com for offers like up to 55% off select Garmin and FitbitTM products through Heart Rate Monitors USA. Or save on a new gym membership, with discounted monthly rates and 24/7 access to live and on-demand classes. Make sure to have your member ID handy when you sign up.
Abenity – Employee Perks
Penn State Health provides members with exclusive perks through Abenity. There are many fitness, and health & wellness perks. Register and Log in.
WW (Weight watchers) discount
Benefit eligible employees (0.5 FTE and higher) and their spouses will receive a 50 percent discount when signing up for WW. The discount is applied for six consecutive months annually, based on a rolling calendar year, and is applied to either the Monthly Pass or the on-line program.
- Go to www.weightwatchers.com/us/pennstatehealth to sign up
- Employer ID: 65871
- Select your Population type: select “employee” or “spouse”
- Penn State Health Employees will need to enter a Unique ID
- Your Unique ID is your Employee ID (ex: 12345)
- Spouses will not need to enter a Unique ID
- Click the next step button and follow the steps to complete registration
If you are currently a WW member, or if you experience problems enrolling, call 866-204-2885.
Access to the Monthly Pass is based on location’s participation in the employer discount program.
Clean Eatz Lancaster offers a variety of delicious products and services to assist you with your active, healthy lifestyle:
- Meal Plan Program (Visit: http://www.cleaneatz.com/meal-plans)
- Cafe Menu (Visit: http://www.cleaneatz.com/cafe-menu)
- Catering (Visit: http://www.cleaneatz.com/catering)
- Marketplace (In-Café Options)
- Grab-N-Go Fully Prepared Frozen Meals
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza’s (10+ Varieties)
- Good-for-You Snacks
- Gift Cards
Penn State Health employees receive a 10% discount on all food and snack items in the café or for meals delivered to the Hershey Medical Center.
- In-Café Orders (1876 Fruitville Pike, Lancaster)
- Simply show your employee badge
- Satellite Weekly Meal Plan Orders (Penn State Hershey Campus Cafeteria Pick Up)
- Visit http://www.cleaneatz.com/meal-plans, enter PSH10 AND your employee ID number (no spaces) at the checkout screen (Example: PSH1012345)
More Nutrition Resources
- Find a great list of recpies from PRO Wellness
- Abenity – Employee Perks: Penn State Health provides members with exclusive perks through Abenity. There are weekly meals perks.
Tobacco Cessation Programs
Employee Tobacco Intervention Program (ETIP)
Penn State Health has a dedicated Employee Tobacco Intervention Program (ETIP) that allows any employee to receive free counseling and FDA approved tobacco treatment medications from certified & experienced tobacco treatment staff. The ETIP staff has worked with hundreds of Penn State Health employees since 2012 in their quest to reduce or quit tobacco. All staff are eligible for this program. Also, dependents who are on the Penn State Health medical coverage are eligible for the program. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Optum Quit for life
A CLEAR PATH TO QUIT
Each milestone in the program, based on Quit For Life’s proprietary 5 Keys to Quit Plan methodology, is built to provide participants with the confidence they need to quit and remain nicotine free as they progress through the program.
Participants have opportunities for engagement and support at every step in their path to quit, whether it’s unlimited 1:1 coaching access, group video sessions, nicotine replacement therapy, or relevant courses through a central digital dashboard.
A 1:1 EXPERIENCE
The Quit For Life program caters to the needs of each participant, whether they are thinking about quitting, ready to quit, or need extra support after relapsing. This includes reactivation strategies to enroll program completers into other health programs – of back to Quit For Life, if needed.
Optum Quit for Life works in collaboration with the American Cancer Society to offer an evidenced-based program that combines physical, psychological and behavioral strategies to help partipants overcome the addiction to tobacco. Participants receive multiple coaching calls, unlimited access to a Quit Coach, unlimited access to an online communication that offers e-learning tools, Text2Quit, and much more. To enroll, call 866-784-8454 or visit myquitforlife.com/pennstatehealth.
Highmark Blues on Call
Highmark Blues on Call offers a tobacco cessation program. Call 888-258-3428 to enroll.