Proper hydration is necessary for good health. Water is part of every cell, organ and fluid in our bodies. While our hydration needs can be met through other beverages and food with high water content such as fruits and vegetables, drinking water provides a calorie-free and sugar-free option.
Try these tips to help you drink more water!
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning before your cup of coffee and breakfast.
- Choose water over other beverages. Remember, it’s calorie-free!
- Drink a glass before you eat a meal. This will help you feel fuller and reduce overeating at meals.
- Alternate a glass of water between your daily coffee, tea and other beverages.
- Flavor your water with fresh herbs like mint.
- Keep a pitcher of water flavored with lemons, limes, oranges, or cucumbers, in your refrigerator.
- Drink water before, during, and after exercise.
- Bring a water bottle with you while running errands.
- Set a reminder on your phone to remind yourself to drink a glass every few hours.
- Purchase a reusable water bottle or fun cup to encourage drinking more water.